Internationally Recognized Athlete

Free P-1A Consultation

Temporary Visa

Many of my P-1 Visa clients are coming from around the world and they are excellent coaches, and athletes. The P Visa allows them to live and work legally in the United States for several years. The visa is a temporary visa, so there is a date when the visa is over. However, it is possible to get an extension of the visa for another several years.

Who qualifies to apply?

Someone who is coming to the United States as part of a team and is internationally recognized in the sport. This is for those athletes with international reputations. All of my clients have international reputations, and are well known for their superior abilities.

How do you get a P-1 Visa?

You will need an employer from the United States. A "consultation" is required between your employer and a labor organization. The event and dates must be listed, and proof that you are indeed an international "star". That you, and your team, are known around the world. My clients bring me videos, and written articles, pictures, showing how well they play, and the international esteem they have.

Once the paperwork has been filled, it should be filed out by an experienced immigration professional, we must wait for the visa petition to be approved. That application is made with the U.S. embassy or consulate.

How long can I remain in the U.S. on a P-1 Visa?

For an individual athlete, up to 5 years, or when the event or competition is over. But, not more than 5 years. For a group, it is 1 year, personnel support- one year. Extensions are permitted usually up to 5 years. However, as this is a temporary visa, the total amount of time spent in the U.S. cannot exceed 10 years.